Aloo Palak is a classic north Indian dish prepared using Indian Spinach(Palak) and Aloo.
Here I am posting the gravy version of Aloo palak which goes well with Rotis and Rice.This is a healthy and tasty side dish.
- Finely chopped spinach 3 cups
- Potatoes 2
- Chopped garlic 1tsp
- Chopped ginger 1tsp
- Finely Chopped onion 1 cup
- Red Chillies 2
- Cumin Seeds 1tsp
- Green Chillies 2
- Coriander Powder 2tsp
- turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon 1 inch piece
- Cashew nuts 4-5
- Green cardamom 3-4
- Mustard 1/2tsp
- salt to taste
- Pressure cook Aloo for 3 minutes.
Boil the water and put Palak in the boiling water and turn off the flame.
- Leave it for 5-6 minutes and put it to cold water.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add cinnamon,cashew nuts,cardamom,red chillies,green chillies;sauté them for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Turn off the flame and add Spinach to it and make puree of this mixture.
- Heat little oil in pan add cumin seeds and Mustard.
- Once it starts spluttering add remaining onion ; Sauté it until it becomes transparent.
- Add finely chopped tomato sauté it for few minutes[until raw smell vanishes].
- Add turmeric powder,coriander powder,asafoetida and salt and mix it well.[You can also add garam masala powder if needed].
- Add in the potatoes and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the Palak puree to it and mix well. Add 1-2 cup of water.
- Close the lid and cook it for 6-7 minutes.
Serve hot with Chapathi or Rice.