When we hear the word Biryani we always think it is very difficult to make . Even I had this feeling a week back. But after I prepared Egg Biryani I realized that there is no rocket science in it.
Biryani is A perfect Sunday meal, quick one to make. when all the spices blend together to make this authentic dish that will leave you asking for more.
Try this simple recipe to make your day special.
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati rice
- Ghee 3-4 tbsp
- Oil 2-3 tsp
- Cloves 4
- Cinnamon 1/2″
- Cashew nuts 8-9
- Cardamom 4-5
- Star anise 1-2
- Bay leaves 2-3
- Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric 1tsp
- Coconut 1 Tea Cup
- Finely sliced onions 2
- Finely chopped tomato 1
- Coriander leaves 1/2 tea cup
- Pudina(Mint) leaves 1 tea cup
- Green Chillies 2-3
- Thick curd/yogurt 150ml
- Beans 50-100gms
- Green Peas
- salt as required
- Soak the Basmuthi Rice in water for 10 minutes in cold water and drain the water.
- Take a small pan and heat the oil and fry the egg and keep it aside.
- Grind Coriander leaves,Pudina leaves,Green Chillies and coconut to a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Take a big pan; put good amount of ghee and heat it.
- Put cloves,cinnamon,cardamom and cashew nuts and fry it until cashew nuts become golden colour.
- Put Ginger Garlic paste and sauté it.
- Add Onions and fry it until it becomes brown.
- Add chopped tomato and fry it for 1-2 minute.
- Add salt,turmeric,coriander powder and red chilly powder and mix it well.
- Put other vegetables mentioned above and mix it well and fry them for 1 minute.
- Add curd to it and mix it.
- Now add the rice,bay leaves and star anise.
- Put 3.5 cup of water (amount of water will vary with the quantity and quality of rice you use).
- Put the boiled and fried egg to it and close the lid and cook it for 20 – 25 minutes in low flame.(Even cooking time will vary with rice quality).
- After 25 minutes delicious Egg Biryani will be ready to serve.