This Aloo Dhania recipe is inspired by a chicken dish’s recipe which was given in one of the local magazines. As a vegetarian I will use Aloo in place of chicken and replaced few ingredients and it gave a good result.
I thought of sharing with you people. You can use Gobi,Carrot or any hard vegetables in place of Aloo. Here is the recipe.
- Potato 3-4
- Onion 1
- Coriander leaves 75gms
- Ginger 1tbsp
- Garlic 4-5 cloves
- Green Chillies 2
- Coriander Seeds 1/2tsp
- Cloves 3
- Cinnamon 1″
- Green cardamom 3-4
- Cumin Seeds 1tsp
- Curry leaves 8-10
- Cashew nuts 5
- Sunflower/Olive Oil
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Chop aloo into small cubes and pressure cook it for 2-3 minutes and keep it aside.
- Dry roast Onion,Coriander Leaves,Ginger,Garlic and green chillies.
- In a separate pan dry roast Coriander seeds,Cloves,Cinnamon,Cardamom,Cumin Seeds,Curry Leaves and cashew nuts.
- Mix both dry roasted ingredients and make a fine paste.
- Make sure not to add water while making paste.
- Take aloo cubes in a bowl add 1tsp oil,salt,turmeric then add the 3/4th of paste and yogurt and marinate it.
- Keep this in Fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat the oil and put cardamom,raisins,cashew nuts and 2tbsp of chopped onion and fry it for 1 min.
- Now add marinated aloo and fry it for 2 minutes without adding water.
- Add remaining paste and 1/2 cup water and mix it well.
- Close the lid and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves .
- Serve hot with Chapathi or rice.