Phirni is a rice based delicious dessert which is very easy to make. Find the recipe below.
- Milk 3.5 Cups
- Rice 1/4 Cup
- Sugar 1/4 cup
- Cardamom 2 (powdered)
- Coconut milk 1/2 cup
- Green pista 6-7
- Almonds 5-6
- Soak the rice in water for 2-3 hours ; Grind it and make fine paste.
- In a dish mix ground rice ,milk and coconut milk
Microwave it for 6 minutes. Keep stirring with the help of whisk to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Add sugar,Cardamom powder and mix well.
Microwave it for 3 minutes.
- Mix well and let it cool down.
- Decorate it with pista,almond and caramelised sugar.
To caramelize sugar:
- Sprinkle 4-5 spoons of the sugar in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Allow the sugar to melt, stirring occasionally, until it is completely liquid and a nice golden brown colour.
Pour it on a plate and allow it to cool down. Once it cools down you can break it and use them for garnish.