Yes, the name is royal and so is this simple dish. I chose to make this curry with gobi and it turned out to be a ‘finger-licking good!’ dish.Simple handy ingredients available at your kitchen is enough to create this magical curry that is good to go with rice and rotis.There are lot of other ways to make gobi curry, but this one is my version of the recipe. You could follow this as-is, or add your signature style to the dish. well, you could even choose a different vegetable, or combination of vegetables. go ahead, try it now, and you will not be disappointed. easy and tasty, happy cooking!
Steps which shows how to make Mughalai Gobi.
Take a fresh cauliflower and green peas. Soak the cauliflower florets in warm salted water for 10-20 minutes
Grind red chillies,cloves,cardamom cinnamon,cashew nuts,garlic,ginger,funnel seeds and make a fine powder .
Fry one onion along with cumin seeds and grind with the garam masala powder which we have prepared in earlier step.
In a pan heat the oil add mustard ,cumin seeds and fry onion once it is golden brown add the masala paste.
Now add boiled cauliflower and peas and cook it for 10-15 minutes in low flame
Detailed recipe is given below
500 gram cauliflower/1 medium sized cauliflower
1/3 cup green peas, steamed
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoon yogurt
2 tablespoon ghee, plus more for shallow frying
Salt, as per taste
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder
2 Bay leaves
Ingredients to be ground into paste
1 tablespoon funnel seeds
1 inch piece of ginger
3 – 4 garlic cloves
4 – 5 cloves
2 – 3 whole dry Kashmir red chillies
2 – 3 green cardamom, peeled with only seeds
1/2 inch cinnamon
- Grind red chillies,cloves,cardamom cinnamon,cashew nuts,garlic,ginger,funnel seeds and make a fine powder and keep it aside.
- Boil the cauliflower along with green peas with a little salt and cook it for 15-20 minutes.
- Take a pan and put 2 spoons of ghee and heat it.
- Add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, once it starts spluttering add 1 big chopped onion and sauté it until it turns to golden brown .
- Grind this fried onion and cumin seeds with the ground spices and make a fine paste.
Take a pan and put 2-3 spoons of ghee and heat it.
- Add mustard seeds,cumin seeds once it starts spluttering add 1 or 1/2 big chopped onion and bay leaves and sauté it until it turns to golden brown.
- Now add the onion and garam masala paste which was prepared earlier; add 2-3 spoon of water and mix it well.Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add 150ml curd,1 tsp of turmeric,1tsp of chilli powder,1 tsp of coriander powder and salt . Mix it well.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes in low flame.(You can add water if you want thin gravy).
- Put boiled cauliflower and peas;Add 1 tsp of ghee and Mix it well cover the lid and cook in low flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Mughalai Gobi is ready to serve.