This one is a real quickie..!! It was weekday when I was looking for something chatpata for the evening snack. I spotted 2 potatoes in my pantry and wife suggested we make bajji (pakoda). Not again I thought, yes it was easy but I was craving for something else. I checked my refrigerator and found I had soya and chilli sauce and I knew what I was making. I got started with it. the results were real good with 2 potatoes. It left us asking for more.
minimal ingredients, easy method and there it is ready. Don’t forget to leave a comment when you have made it, happy cooking!
Pressure cook potatoes for 2 whistle and after they have cooled, peal the skin and cut into cubes
Fry the potatoes till they turn light brown in colour.
Fry finely chopped ginger and garlic for 2 minutes and sauté diced onions,green chillies and carrots till they turn transparent.
Add 2 tsp of soya sauce, green chilli sauce and tomato ketchup and fry for 1 min
Add fried potato cube and toss the pan so that all the gravy is incorporated well.
Detailed recipe is given below
- Potatoes 2
- Onion 1 large
- Carrot 1 (optional)
- Capsicum 1 (optional)
- Green chillies 2
- Ginger 1/2 inch
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Soya sauce 2 tsp
- Green chilli sauce
- Tomato ketchup
- Refined oil for frying
- Pressure cook potatoes for 2 whistle or till it is 75% cooked. the potatoes should be cooked but not soft.
- After they have cooled, peal the skin and cut into cubes.
- Fry the potatoes till they turn light brown in colour, place them in a tissue paper to remove excess oil off the potato cubes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a deep pan on medium flame.
- Fry finely chopped ginger and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Sauté diced onions till they turn transparent.
- Add green chilli , carrot,capsicum and fry for 1 minute.
- Adjust salt.
- Add 2 tsp of soya sauce, green chilli sauce and tomato ketchup and fry for 1 minute.
- Finally add fried potato cube and toss the pan so that all the gravy is incorporated well.
- Fry in high flame for a min and remove the pan off the flame.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.