Last Sunday I was thinking of preparing carrot soup; but I was a bit bored of having same old traditional carrot soup. I thought of giving a little twist to the traditional soup. I thought of roasting carrots instead of boiling it. Roasting any vegetable will give you a smoky flavour; Also, roasting brings out their natural taste and it helps preserve their nutrient content. This is a creamy, filling and tasty soup and very simple to make. Yes, roasting will take some time, but I promise you that the outcome will be delicious.
- 4 medium to large carrots cut into small cubes
- 1 Large onion
- 3 gloved garlic
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Milk cream 50ml
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to a preheated pan.
- Add half finely chopped onions and carrot to it.
- Add little salt and toss it. Roast it in high flame for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Take it out from pan and let it cool. Once the carrot is cooled, blend it to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan and add 2 tbsp of butter. Add 1/2 onion, chopped into juliennes and caramelize it.
- Add the roasted carrot paste and add 2-3 cups of vegetable stock and stir it.
- Add salt, pepper powder and a pinch of sugar. Bring it to boil.
- Turn off the heat and add milk cream.
- Tasty roasted carrot soup is ready to serve.
You can also use oven to roast carrots.