Here I am presenting to you a healthy dish loaded with nutrients. I have used sprouted green gram to make a Kadhi. Sprouts are called super foods because of their protein, fibre and vitamin B content.
Sprouts are sources of complete nourishment. Now, I turned this super healthy food into a delicious Kadhi, a curd based gravy and it is lightly spiced. You all know how invariably sprouts are used in salads and even consumed as-is, you just have to blend in some spices and a delicious meal is ready in under 30minutes. Serve it with jeera rice or just plain steamed rice and you will not be disappointed.
- Curd 2 cups
- Besan 2 tbsp (Gram flour)
- Sprouted Green gram 200gms
- Onion chopped 1
- Tomato chopped 1
- Dry red chillies 2-3
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Grated ginger 1/2 tsp
- Grated garlic 1/2 tsp
- 4 to 6 curry leaves
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Add the curd, besan, turmeric powder, salt and 1½ cups of water in a bowl and mix it well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, put cumin seeds once it starts spluttering put curry leaves.
- Add ginger and garlic and sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and fry it until it becomes transparent.
- Now put chopped tomatoes and fry it for 5-6 minutes.
- Add Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, chili powder and salt to taste. Sauté it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add curd and besan mixture, a half cup of water and cook it in low flame for 2 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Add Sprouted green gram(Refer note below), close the lid and cook it for 10 minutes in low flame.
- For tadka, heat oil in a small kadhai. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies. Fry for 30 seconds, or till the seeds start to splutter.
- Add tadka to Kadhi. Turn off the flame. Serve it with white rice.
I have par boiled the sprouts . You can do so or you can increase the cooking time.