This was my Thursday evening snack. Luckily I had a cup of frozen peas and mint backup. The rest of the ingredients are basic to your kitchen, nothing extraordinary. All I had to do is thaw the peas when I got my other ingredients ready. Toss them all together in the heat, warm and grind them. A soup can be served hot or cold, I will leave that to you 🙂 Follow the recipe below and make a bowl of this tasty filling soup. Happy cooking!
- Mint leaves 9-10
- Fresh or Frozen Green peas – 1 cup
- Onion 1 – Finely chopped
- Vegetable stock 2 cups
- Butter 2 tablespoon
- Garlic 2-3 cloves – Finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Milk 1 cup
- Heat 1 Tbsp of in a pan, Add 1/2 of chopped onion, garlic, mint leaves and sauté for two minutes.
- Add the green peas, salt and ground black pepper and sauté for two minutes.
- Take out from heat and grind it smooth puree.
- In the same pan, heat 1 Tbsp of butter, add remaining onions and sauté for two minutes.
- Add the puree and stir it well.
- Add Vegetable stock and bring it to boil.
- Put salt to taste.
- Add 1 cup milk and stir and bring to a boil in low flame.
- Hot and tasty minted green peas soup is ready to serve.