Maggi.. Maggi.. Maggi.. Here I come with the 2 minute wonder meal. What big deal about the Maggi noodles you may ask , nothing at all actually.
I present to you the dry version of Maggi with veggies. Simply put it as dry Maggi or fry Maggi.
First time I tasted this Maggi variation during my first job. The small tuck shop in our canteen served this under 5 minutes, a quick snack to fix hunger anytime. This item was fast moving and was available from the time the shop opened in the morning till it closed. Like me, many others were fans of this snack. Another variation was the ‘egg Maggi’ that people asked for. Now, the honest part. The regular Maggi and dry Maggi both cannot be prepared in 2 minutes. I will talk only about dry Maggi here, for this dish you first need to prepare the noodles in advance. Let it cool and toss it with the veggie masala made. These noodles can be of any brand, its just that from childhood ‘noodles’ is synonymous with Maggi. So I tend to use more of word Maggi. We have lot of varieties of noodles available in market, so pick your favourite.
For the veggies; I used, carrots, capsicum ,potato and onions. You can even add tomatoes, peas, shredded cabbage, broccoli or cauliflower. Remember to cook the hard vegetables before using them.
I took the easy option of veggies since they can be stir fried and still taste great. You can also add paneer to make paneer fried noodles. Top it with cheese and serve hot.
- Maggi noodles – 1 packet(70gm)
- Carrot 1 small
- Capsicum 1 small
- Potato 1 small
- Onions chopped 1 small
- Green chillies 1 tsp finely chopped
- Curry leaves 1 strand
- Garlic chopped 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Turmeric powder 1 pinch
- Chilli powder 1 pinch
- Oil/Butter 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- In a sauce pan heat 2 cups of water with 1 tsp salt. When the water is just about to boil add noodles. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Check to see if the noodles are cooked. Once cooked strain the water and keep aside to cool.Do not overcook the noodles else you will not get the dry texture when your done.
- Chop potatoes to small cubes. Chop carrot and capsicum to 1 inch thin pieces. The chopped vegetables should make about 1 cup.
- In a pan, heat oil,add curry leaves and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onions, garlic and green chillies. fry for 1 minute.
- Put chopped vegetables, salt and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Now add turmeric and chilli powder.
- Add the masala powder that came with the noodles pack and mix well.
- If the masala feels very dry ad 1-2 tsp of water. Adjust salt.
- Add noodles and toss well till the mixture is mixed well.
- Fry the noodles in high flame till it starts becoming crisp(approximately 4 minutes).
- Garnish with fresh coriander.