What a simple dish to make when in confusion. For paneer lovers, for the ones like me, its absolute heaven.
Its quick, its simple, its protein and calcium rich, also fat, we can ignore that for a delicious dish, can’t we?
I guess, the way we prepare bhurji is almost same or just might experiment with few ingredients. For few, the method of preparation may vary. Mine is pretty simple and straight forward, sauté onions, tomatoes, chillies, some dry masala and scrambled paneer.
The curry goes well with roti/chapathi, as a side to simple pulao, steamed rice. Have you any leftover of this dish(and I seriously doubt that.), you can conveniently make sandwich. See, so many options for this tasty creation. Lets not wait and start now.
Heat butter in a pan on medium flame. When heated, add cumin seeds and let it splutter, then add curry leaves. Add onions and green chilli and fry till translucent.
Next, add tomatoes and sauté well. Fry till the tomatoes becomes soft and mushy.Add capsicum and fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add all the dry masala and mix well. Add 1 tbsp of water if the masala is too dry.Its time to add scrambled paneer and mix well.
Add handful of coriander leaves and garam masala. Mix and close the lid of the pan and cook for 2-4 minsutes.Switch of the flame.Delicious Paneer Bhurji is ready to serve.
- Green chilli - 2 medium
- Capsicum - 1 small (optional)
- Curry leaves - 1 strand
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1-2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves handful
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Wash and finely chop onions, tomato, capsicum (if using), green chilli, coriander leaves.
- Heat butter in a pan on medium flame.
- When heated, add cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add curry leaves, Sauté them.
- Add onions and green chilli and fry till translucent.
- Next, add tomatoes and sauté well. Fry till the tomatoes becomes soft and mushy.
- Add capsicum and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the dry masala (except garam masala) and mix well. Add 1 tbsp of water if the masala is too dry.
- Its time to add scrambled paneer and mix well.
- Add handful of coriander leaves and garam masala. Mix and close the lid of the pan and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Switch of the flame.
- You could squeeze half a lime before you serve.
- 1. Any oil of your choice can be used instead butter.
- 2. Reduce the amount of red chilli powder if the green chilli is spicy.
- 3. Break paneer slab in small chunks and pulse them in mixer jar for 2-4 seconds to scramble them. Else, you can grate paneer. I used grated paneer.
- 4. Since paneer is moist, you wont get a dry bhurji. You can increase the flame to high and fry the contents for a while. Be careful to not burn the bhurji and don't leave the pan unattended.