So, how about some maggi cutlets. Call them anything you want, cutlet, bonda (not deep fried), patties or any name. do not go by the shape, also you are free to try any shape of your choice. Just savour the maggi goodness new way.
While we were probing at what we could make differently with maggi, this was the first dish that came instantly to all of us. Then came the execution of the dish, which was simpler than we thought. Here, cooked maggi and potato makes the base to the dish. Add in some spices, give them a shape and fry.
I chose to use my paddu pan to fry the maggi cutlets. That’s where these cutlets got their shape from :P. Well, you can shallow fry them on a non stick pan. If you are frying on pan, then flatten the patties, frying a round ball on a flat surface will need you to keep flipping it all around for even cooking and colouring.
- Maggi 1 small pack
- Potato 1 medium
- Carrot 1 medium
- Green Chilly 1
- Green Peas 2tbsp
- Corn flour 2 tbsp
- Cook potato,green peas and carrots. The vegetables should not be too soft when cooked, because they are the base to hold maggi and the shape.
- Meanwhile, cook maggi, drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Make a thin paste out of corn flour, salt and water. To this, mix half packet of maggi tastemaker. Mix well.
- Mash the veggies well,add 1bsp of corn flour. There should not be any water content.
- Mix in cooked maggi and dry masala.
- Take small portion of maggi-potato dough and give them any shape you desire.
- Heat a paddu pan/any non stick pan. Grease oil.
- Dip the maggi balls/patties in the cornstarch mixture . You can roll them on breadcrumbs.
- Place them gently on pan and fry them on both the sides until golden brown.
- 1. Veggies can be steamed, pressure cooked or boiled. Let the veggies be hard boiled.
- 2. You can add grated carrots instead of cooking it for the base.
- 3. You can also add finely chopped onions and coriander leaves.
- 4. If you feel the dough is soft and runny, add 2-3 tsp of rice flour.
- 5. Replace breadcrumbs with coarsely powdered oats