Another recipe which is every other bachelor’s saviour apart from Maggi. What is special here, nothing.. really!! This is a simple sandwich recipe that can be easily put together.
You don’t need a sandwich maker to toast the bread, use a tawa; I will show how. Some veggies, green chutney, cheese spread, mayo is what went into the making. Toast and serve warm with ketchup or plain.
Spread a spoonful of mayonnaise on one slice of bread and a generous amount of filling on top of it. Spread a spoonful of green chutney on another slice and top it filling.
Now, layer 2 slices on top of each other. If you are using a cheese slice, then place it on the filling and place the final slice of bread. Heat a grill pan or tawa on low flame and add 1tsp butter. And simply toast bread.
- Bread slices 3
- Finely chopped onion, capsicum, tomato 1/2 cup
- Green chutney 1 tbsp
- Mayonnaise 1 tbsp
- Cheese spread 1 tbsp/ cheese slice 1 sheet
- Oregano 2 tsp
- Chilli flakes 1 tsp
- Pepper 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Butter 2 tsp
- In a small bowl mix together veggies, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan or tawa on low flame and add 1tsp butter.
- Meanwhile, spread a spoonful of mayonnaise on one slice of bread and a generous amount of filling on top of it.
- Spread a spoonful of green chutney on another slice and top it filling.
- Now, layer 2 slices on top of each other.
- If you are using a cheese slice, then place it on the filling and place the final slice of bread.
- Else, generously use cheese spread on bread slice and finish the layer.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes on heated butter and gently place the sandwich on it. Close with lid. Heat should be low.
- Toast for 1 minute. Smear remaining butter on top of the bread and flip it. Toast for 1 more minute. Press the sandwich gently with spatula.
- When the bread is nicely toasted and golden brown in colour, remove it off the flame.
- In a bowl, mix together veggies, mayo, oregano, chilli flakes, salt. Spread one slice of bread with green chutney and the other with cheese spread. Put the filling in between the breads and toast.
- Place a cheese slice on bread, top it with very finely chopped green chillies (seeds removed), sprinkle salt and oregano. Place another slice of bread and toast. simple yet tasty.
- 1.I made this sandwich with 3 slices of bread, you could use just 2.
- 2.White or Brown bread can be used .
- 3.Cheese slice can be used in place of cheese spread (I used both).
- 4.Mayonnaise and cheese spread can be skipped and or used in place of one another.
- 5.Watch the salt level before adding - mayo/cheese spread tends to contain salt. You can completely do away with the salt.
- 6.Green chutney - in blender, add 1 cup of coriander leaves, 1/2 cup of mint/pudina leaves, 2 medium green chillies, 1/2 inch of ginger, 2 tsp of roasted cumin seeds, 1 tsp of chaat masala, salt to taste and blend well with smooth. Do not add water. If needed, add 1-2 tsp only.