Peas Cabbage Masala is a quick, spicy, and tangy north Indian recipe. It is very easy to make. This is prepared with green peas,cabbage and spices. Adding fresh green peas gives the dish a great color and a good taste. This goes perfect with roti or chapathi.
Peas Cabbage Masala
Write a review
- Green Peas-2 cups(Soaked for 7-8 hrs)
- Red onion-1 (medium size) - chopped very finely
- Tomatoes-2 - chopped very finely
- Tamarind - a small lemon size
- Dry Red chilli's-3
- Curry leaves-8
- Mustard-1/2 spoon
- Cumin Seeds 1 spoon
- Turmeric Powder-a pinch
- Chilly Powder-1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder-2 tbsp's
- Garam Masala-1tsp
- Butter-2 spoons
- Oil - 4tbsp
- Pressure cook Green Peas and chopped cabbage for 4 - 5 minutes and keep it aside.
- In a Pan, heat 4tbsp's of oil. Once you are able to see ripple add mustard and cumin seeds.
- When it cracks add curry leaves, garlic, red chilli's fry them for few seconds till the garlic becomes brown and starts bursting.
- Now add Finely Chopped onions, keep stirring till it becomes transparent.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes. Fry it until raw smell of tomato vanishes. You got to sauté for at least 3-4 minutes, till they mix up.
- Now add Salt to taste and add powders mentioned above . Fry them well for 2 minute's.
- Now add pressure cooked green peas and cabbage , add about half cup of water and tamarind extract ;mix it well.
- Add butter and cook it in low flame 10 mins(Keep stirring).
- Now Green Peas Cabbage Masala is ready to serve.
Comments are closed.