Potato is most commonly available vegetable in market.Whenever you are in short of vegetables and time you can prepare this Aloo curry.
This Aloo curry goes well with rice,chapathi and rotis.
- Onion 1 chopped finely
- Tomatoes 2
- Curry leaves 8
- Garlic 3
- Mustard 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Butter 2 spoons
- Oil 4tbsp’s(Sunflower oil)
- Turmeric Powder 1/4tsp
- Chilly Powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala 1tbsp
- Cut the potatoes into thin rectangular pieces and keep it in water to avoid colour change.
- In a Pan, heat 4tbsp’s of oil, add mustard and cumin seeds.
- When it starts cracking add curry leaves, garlic; fry them for few seconds till the garlic becomes brown and starts bursting.
- Add potatoes and fry them for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Add Finely Chopped onions, keep stirring till it becomes transparent.
- Add tomato puree ; stir it along with onions, till they mix up along. You got to sauté for at least 3-4 minutes, till they mix up.
- Add Salt to taste and all the powder’s mentioned above. fry them well for 2 minutes.
- Add little water(you can add more water if you want gravy) .
- Add Butter and close the lid. Cook it for 10-15 minutes in low flame.
- The potato curry will be ready.
- You can use Cauliflower in place of Potato or Both.