Bhendi is a fibre rich vegetable.I am sharing the recipe of Bhendi Masala which I tried recently.
This Bhendi Masala goes well with Roti/Naan. If you make it less spicy and dry you can eat as snack also.
- Bhendi(lady’s finger) 300gms
- Ginger paste 1tsp
- Garlic paste 1tsp
- Onion 1 cup
- Green Chillies 2
- turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2tsp
Ingredients for Masala
- Red Chillies 3
- Curry Leaves 10-12
- Cumin Seeds 1tsp
- Coriander seeds 1tsp
- Cinnamon 1 inch piece
- Cashew nuts 4-5
- Cloves 1
- Green cardamom 3-4
- Cut Bhendi into 1 inch small pieces and soak it in water for 5 minutes and drain the water.
- Dry roast the ingredients for masala which is mentioned above.
- Grind the dry roasted ingredients to fine powder and keep it aside.
- Take a pan and heat 4-5 spoons oil.
- Add mustard to it. Once mustard starts spluttering add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Sauté it for few seconds; add ginger and garlic paste.
- Add Onions and fry it till onion becomes transparent.
- Add salt,turmeric and masala .
- Add bhendi and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cup of water and mix it well and close the lid.
- Cook it for 5-10 minutes in low flame.
- Bhendi Masala will be ready to serve.