Nice and easy to cook to kick-start my Friday evening. I put up this dish in 30 minutes straight. As I was hungry I could not wait long for the vegetables to marinate. In fact, it was a sudden thought that flashed while I was riding home from work. I realized that I had no skewers to grill the vegetables, and I was feeling negative about finding skewers. I stopped by a supermarket to try my luck and I found it beaming at me 😉
The next challenge was to cut the vegetables into equal sized pieces. Once done, I tossed the veggies in simple masala and let it stand on the counter for approx 15 minutes. Cooked the skewered veggies in a grill pan and the final output has been just divine. The juicy vegetables had retained its flavour, just perfectly cooked, and had its crunch intact. Follow the recipe and don’t forget to leave a comment. Happy grilling!!
- 1 bowl of vegetables of your choice. i took tomatoes, capsicum, onions and paneer
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp red chilli powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1tsp garam masala powder
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1tbsp oil
- 1tbsp butter for grilling
Note: the vegetables are mildly spiced so feel free the adjust the masala to suit you.
- Wash vegetables thoroughly and cut them into equal squares.
- In a bowl, marinate the veggies in dry masala and oil. You can squeeze half a lime for that tangy flavour.
- You can even use olive oil to make it healthier.
- Skewer the vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and grease butter.
- Arrange the skewered vegetables to pan and cook in medium flame.
- Keep flipping the skewers for even cooking on all sides.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until they are light brown in colour.