Perfect creamy pasta to end my Friday. A bowl full of goodness only left more cravings. The pasta sauce is really easy to make. If you have fresh cream and pasta at home, then run to your kitchen and start cooking, I say so because it is that easy recipe to cook. Now, if you don’t have fresh cream, what is the substitute you may ask. Yes, I do have an answer for that too. Use full cream milk with cornstarch, there you go, your pasta sauce is ready.
I did not add any vegetable, it is just plain pasta. Try adding peas, zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, choice is yours. Also I have used few ingredients which are not Italian.You can even try with variants of pasta available in the market. I used the penne pasta. Cook the pasta as per the instructions given in the packet and its good to go with the creamy white sauce recipe given here. Really don’t care about the nutritional benefits here, it’s loaded with full cream and butter, give your diet a miss, you wouldn’t complain about this tasty treat, I bet!!
So what are you waiting for, try it now, and thank me later!!
- Penne pasta (any variant will do) 200gm
- Fresh cream 150ml
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Garlic 5-6 cloves pealed and finely chopped
- Onion 1 finely chopped
- Tomato 1(small) finely chopped
- Black Pepper powder 1/4 tsp
- Mint leaves finely chopped 1tbsp
- Chilli flakes 1/2 tsp
- Oregano 1/4 tsp
- Green chilly 1 finely chopped
- Salt to taste.
- Boil 2 cups of water with 2tsp of salt. Add pasta and let it cook for 10-12 minutes . While the past is cooking, prepare other ingredients.
- In a pan fry tsp of butter on medium flame.
- Add finely chopped garlic,green chilly and mint leaves. You can even use grated garlic.
- Add the onions and sauté till it becomes transparent.Fry till its aromatic.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry it till for 2 minutes.
- Add salt ,chilli flakes,oregano and pepper powder.
- Add fresh cream and mix well. Add water if you feel the sauce is thick for you. Do not add more than 2-3 tbsp.
- Add cooked pasta and toss till the pasta is coated with sauce.
- Keep it on medium flame for 2 more minutes and put off the flame.
- Serve hot.
Substitute a mixture of 2 cups of full cream, milk and 3 tsp of corn flour powder instead of cream. Add fresh grated cheese and close the lid while you cook pasta (last step). You can add a tsp of Italian seasoning. It definitely adds to the taste.