Sabudana is a starch extract of Tapioca root. In Kannada, sabudana is called as sabakki. You can even make a delicious melt in mouth Kheer from sabakki. I intend to make it soon, so keep visiting my website, recipe coming soon.
Sabudana is a common food during fast (Vrath). It is an energy booster, hence it is often used while breaking fasts. Hold on !! we are not fasting here 😉 We are just going to make this carbohydrate rich white pearls into a delicious tikki, plus it has numerous health benefits.
This tikki is no different than aloo tikki, just the addition of sabudana. Potatoes here bind the sabudhana together. Add in spices, give it a shape and pan fry the tikkis. Serve hot with ketchup or mint chutney.
Come, let’s get you a tasty snack to accompany your evening tea today.
- Sabakki/sabudana/tapioca 1 cup.
- Potatoes 2 medium.
- Onion 1 medium.
- Green chillies finely chopped 2 tsp.
- Curry leaves 2 tsp.
- Chilli powder 1 tsp.
- Turmeric 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder 2 tsp.
- Oil to shallow fry.
- Soak sabudana for 2-3 hours, drain and keep aside.
- Boil and mash potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients except oil and mix well.Do not add water.
- Let the mixture be firm to shape them into tikkis. If you feel the mixture is little watery add 1-2 tsp of gram flour.
- Adjust salt and spices to suit your taste.
- Take small portions of the mixture and shape them into flat patties.
- Shallow fry the tikkis. Keep flipping so that the tikkis cook evenly and get a nice golden brown colour.
- Serve hot with ketchup or mint chutney.
Wow, looks awesome..:)
Comments are closed.