I am sharing an easy starter recipe that will be a hit instantly. Easily available spice powders are stuffed to slit bhindi and gently shallow fried. Small sized okras are ideal for stuffing and shallow frying. Alternatively okra can be sliced and used in preparation.
This is my most liked preparation of bhindi. There is another recipe of okra posted earlier, and here is the link. Stuffed okra is quick to make and finger licking tasty. The spice mix is the hero in the recipe. You can alter the spice powders to suit your taste.
This fried okra can be served as a starter or with simple rice and rasam.
Write a review
- 1.Okra 200 gms
- 2.Red chilli powder 2-3 tsp
- 3.Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- 4.Coriander powder 2 tsp
- 5.Garam masala 1 tsp
- 6.Chat masala 1 tsp
- 7.Salt to taste
- 8.Oil 2 tbsp
- Wash bhindi thoroughly with water and pat dry .
- In a small bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Cut of the edges from bhindi and make vertical slit. Avoid slitting it into 2 parts.
- Gently fill the spice mix in between the slits. Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wide pan.
- Slide the stuffed bhindi into pan and toss gently to coat it with oil.
- Add remaining spice mix(if any) to the bhindi and mix.
- Cover the pan and let the bhindi cook in medium-low flame for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and roast the bhindi on high flame.
Comments are closed.