Another grill style vegetable starter. A strange gut feeling led into this recipe.
You can marinate veggies of your choice and grill them. Since I dint have a grill I pan fried the veggies.
However I shall refrain from commenting on the nutritional benefits here. For once, we can just think of delectable taste, cant we? and hello, we do have vegetables , the perk point 🙂
Coming to the marination used, it is a simple one. Just 4 ingredients is going to create sheer magic here. Pan frying the veggies might take bit longer, especially the potatoes. Just make sure to not overcook the veggies. And, if you are not pressed for time marinate the veggies for 1-2 hours at least.
If you do not have skewer sticks just the lay the veggies on the pan and cook them on both sides. Using a non-stick pan will take 2-4 tsp of oil making it healthy. Also, do mind the soy sauce, as it is naturally salty. Taste the marinade before adding salt.
Wait no more to savour the veggies Asian style.
- Tomato 1 medium
- Capsicum 1
- Potato 1
- Onion 1
- Paneer 7 – 8 cubes
- Soy sauce 1tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup 1tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste 1/2 tbsp
- Green chillies 1 finely chopped
- Oil 2tbsp
- In a bowl mix together soy sauce, tomato ketchup, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies.
- Taste the marinade and add salt if needed. Soy sauce has salt, so add salt if need be.
- Cut the veggies into desired size and mix with the marinade nicely. Let the marinade rest in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Ideal time is 3-4 hours.
- Skewer the veggies into the sticks one by one. Be gentle to not break the stick. You can have a assortment of veggies in one stick or otherwise.
- Heat oil in a grill pan (or just any pan). Place the skewered veggies on the pan. Cook them on all sides by carefully flipping it. Cook on low-med flame so that we don’t burn the veggies.
- When you’re about to finish, turn the flame high and lightly char the veggies for the grill effect. Again, do not burn the veggies.
- Soak skewer sticks in water for 10-15 minutes .
- If you have a grill you might as well use that option instead of stove-top pan cooking.
- Use veggies of choice. Cut them evenly for uniform cooking.
- Par boiled potatoes can be used in marination to cut down the grilling time.