The very first recipe on Bachelor’s Kitchen episode is a cooler. Because the summer has already started giving us hints, this drink is going to cool off the heat in your body. Everybody loves a cool drink on any summer day, and tender coconut is the most sought after one. A natural drink in its purest form makes excellent choice on any day.
Here, I have combined tender coconut water and its flesh (malai) together with a hint of lemon. Now, choosing a perfect tender coconut is a challenge and only a vendor can do it for you if you are not sure. Ask them to pick coconut with more water, or light cream (malai). The more the coconut is mature the lesser is the water content and thicker the flesh. So choose wisely.
- Tender coconut 1
- Sugar 1-2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Empty tender coconut water into a vessel .
- Scoop out the flesh (malai) into a small bowl .
- Gently mash the flesh and add it to the water.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and mix
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- 1.You can add a tsp of ginger juice or mint juice for a different flavour .
- 2.Replace sugar with honey for a healthier version.
- 3.Addition of sugar can be completely skipped also .
- 4.If the flesh is thicker then churn it in mixer for 2 seconds.