Who doesn’t like quick snack along with a cup of hot chai? Everyone does. Why not make some homemade snack, which is quick and tasty.
Mosaru kodubale is a variant to our regular kodubale. These are crisp and crunchier on the out, and has a softer centre. Using buttermilk gives a tangy note to it, and addition of cumin curry leaves add another layer of flavour to this snack.
With handful ingredients, all available in your kitchen you can fix yourself a quick treat to accompany your chai/kaapi. Savour them as-is or with coconut chutney, we leave the choice to you.
- Rice flour 3/4 cup
- Butter milk 1 Cup
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Green chillies 2-3
- Coriander leaves
- Curry leaves
- In a sauce pan dry roast rice flour in low heat for 2-3 minutes and keep it aside.
- In the same pan , put butter milk .
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, finely chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and curry leaves and bring it to boil.
- Add salt to taste.
- Boil it for 1-2 minutes and turn of the heat and add Rice flour and mix well to avoid lumps make dough.
- This dough should not be too stiff or too soft. (Chapathi dough consistency).
- Now apply little oil to hand , pinch small portion of dough and roll it like cylinder and join both ends to make a ring.
- Heat oil in kadai, Once oil is hot deep fry the rings in medium low flame for 3-4 minutes or till it turns brown.
- Enjoy Mosaru Kodubale with cup of hot Tea