Best way to use overripe banana is to make Banana Cake or Banana Bread. Also you can use some unattended apples as well.
This is a basic eggless recipe with banana mash. I used some diced apples but you could use apple puree. Using puree will increase liquid quantity thereby increasing the quantity of flour as well.
When making cakes eggless there is a way to substitute eggs with apple sauce. I don’t know how it works, but if you want to use apple puree and not use curd, please research well on this. This recipe is using apples for the crunch and not as a substitute for anything.
Sweetness can be adjusted and you can use white sugar as well. With brown sugar, you will need a little extra as it is less sweeter when compared to white sugar.
Baking can be tricky sometimes. Usually, when you alter recipes it can alter results. And even after you follow recipe point to point, if you don’t see success don’t get disheartened, give a try and try till you succeed.
- 1 cup refined flour
- 2 overripe banana
- 1 medium sized apple
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup curd
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped nuts of choice
[I used overripe Robusta Banana. If using smaller variety of banana, use 4 of them]
• Peal apple and dice it.
• Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt
- Mash banana in a bowl.
- Add sugar, butter, curd, milk and mix well
- Add flour mixture. Gently mix together without lumps. Use 2tbsp milk if the batter feels thick
- Add diced apples, vanilla essence and nuts. Give a final mix.
- Grease butter to baking tray and dust it with flour. Pour batter and gently tap to set it.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes at 180°C
- All ingredients should be at room temperature
- Do not overmix and be gentle while mixing ingredients
- Baking time can vary by 5-10 minutes. Keep a watch.
- Baking time depends on the depth of the baking dish and quantity of batter in it. I used a large oval tray, which is 2″ deep. The batter filled half of the tray and hence baked for 20 minutes